RECIPE PROVIDED BY JAMES MARTIN, CHEF/MANAGER, PEERIE SHOP CAFE, LERWICK
“All this wonderful seafood landed on your doorstep by real hardworking fishermen deserves pride of place on any menu or dinner table. It is fresh, sustainable and very versatile.”
WHEN IT COMES TO SEAFOOD, CHOOSE THE BEST, CHOOSE SHETLAND.
MAKES 8-10 FISH CAKES
- 50g celery (finely chopped)
- 50g onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g of brown and white crab meat
- 50ml mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons melted Shetland butter
- 150g fine white breadcrumbs
- a dash of Worcester sauce and Tabasco sauce
- salt and fresh ground pepper
Warm the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the celery and onion for two minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
Mix together the crab meat, mayonnaise, parsley, butter and sauces. Season to taste
Add enough breadcrumbs to hold the mixture together and form into cakes approx 6cm and 2cm thick.
Shallow fry in hot vegetable oil until browned on both sides.
Drain on kitchen roll and serve with some mayonnaise or aioli and a slice of lemon.
WE’D LOVE TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE DISH THAT YOU’VE CREATED – SHARE USING THE HASHTAG #SOMUCHTOSEA