MARIAN ARMITAGE, COOK, AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR AND CHAIR OF THE SHETLAND FOOD AND DRINK ASSOCIATION
“With seafood as fresh as Shetland’s, there’s no need for complexity, keep the preparation simple and let the natural flavours shine through.”
WHEN IT COMES TO SEAFOOD, CHOOSE THE BEST, CHOOSE SHETLAND.
This recipe works equally well with smoked mackerel or kippers; just lightly cook the fish first.
- 130g hot smoked salmon, plain or flavoured
- 100g soft cheese or ricotta
- Grated rind and juice of I small lemon
- Capers – half a small jar
- Fresh tarragon or dill to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper (no salt necessary)
Skin and flake the salmon with a fork – keep it in largeish pieces.
Stir into the soft cheese and add lemon rind and juice to taste. Season.
Spoon on to oatcakes and garnish with capers and tarragon/dill.
WE’D LOVE TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE DISH THAT YOU’VE CREATED – SHARE USING THE HASHTAG #SOMUCHTOSEA