RECIPE PROVIDED BY CARLYN KEARNEY, CHEF AT FRANKIE’S
“At Frankie’s we are passionate about sourcing and using local produce and we are proud to promote our use of locally rope-grown mussels. These mussels are part of the 98 per cent of fish and shellfish on our menu that are superior quality and come from MSC-accredited stock.”
WHEN IT COMES TO SEAFOOD, CHOOSE THE BEST, CHOOSE SHETLAND.
Or great to share with crusty bread.
- 1kg local mussels, de-bearded and cleaned
- splash of dry white wine
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 finely chopped small red chilli
- 1 finely chopped small green chilli
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- splash of olive oil
- 1 tbsp Shetland honey
- 1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Shetland sea salt
De-beard and clean mussels and set aside.
Finely chop shallots, chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander.
Add curry powder, chilli powder and tumeric then mix in olive oil and Shetland honey.
Heat pan on high.
Add a splash of wine to the pan and add mussels.
Add in pre-prepared mix and cover with lid.
WE’D LOVE TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE DISH THAT YOU’VE CREATED – SHARE USING THE HASHTAG #SOMUCHTOSEA