RECIPE PROVIDED BY GEORGE MCIVOR
WHEN IT COMES TO SEAFOOD, CHOOSE THE BEST, CHOOSE SHETLAND.
- 4 x 140g portions of Shetland Salmon
- Slice each piece of salmon lengthways into 3 even slices
- 150 g white fish pin boned and diced
- ½ egg white
- 100 ml double cream
- 100g shredded blanched leek, drain and place on absorbent paper to remove all water
- 100g shredded blanched carrot, drain and place on absorbent paper to remove all water
- 15g finely chopped dill
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 400g all butter puff pastry rolled and marked with a lattice roller
- Shetland sea salt
Make a fish mousse with the white fish, egg white and cream season with salt and stir in dill. Keep mixture very cold.
Place a slice of salmon on your board and spread on a layer of mousse strew on a layer of leeks and carrots, place on another layer of salmon and repeat process, place on 3rd piece of salmon and press down gently, refrigerate for 30 mins.
Cut out your lattice pastry to neatly wrap each portion of fish, brush with egg yolk and place in the refrigerator to rest.
To Cook: place in a preheated oven at 200c for 25 minutes.
WE’D LOVE TO SEE A PHOTO OF THE DISH THAT YOU’VE CREATED – SHARE USING THE HASHTAG #SOMUCHTOSEA